Scholarships are open to young LGBTIQ+ Australians who meet the following criteria:
To be eligible for consideration for a Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship, you must meet every one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident (proof required during application stage)
- At least 17 years of age, and younger than 27 years of age, on the day of closure of applications (15 September)
- Identify as a member of the LGBTIQ+ community
- Have achieved good or reasonable scholastic results given your circumstances
- Will be undertaking full-time studies.
Eligible applicants will be assessed for a Scholarship by the Selection Committee and State/Territory Committees based on the following selection criteria:
- Have faced, and attempted to overcome, challenges because of your identity and/or sexual orientation and/or sexual characteristics
- Have personal or social circumstances which may hinder completion of your education. Personal and social circumstances may include whether you are first in family to attend a tertiary institution, identify as being from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, are from a non-English speaking background, have been in foster care, have been homeless, or were raised or live(d) in a regional, rural or remote area of Australia
- Can demonstrate sufficient motivation to complete a course or the remaining years of a course (as the case may be) of full-time study and demonstrate an understanding of the rigors of academic life
- Are clear about where your studies may take your career; and
- Are proud to be a part of a diverse Australian community, including with respect to gender identity, sexual orientation and sexual characteristics.
Applicants for Named Scholarships demonstrating the following attributes will be preferred:
- Self-awareness, courage and determination
- Problem solving capacity and initiative
- Social and political awareness
- Involved in extra-curricular activities including, but not limited to, causes related to the LGBTIQ+ community, politics, sport, music, a trade and/or the arts; and
- Fulfil any specific requirements set by the Named Scholarship donor.
Applications close 15 September 2020 at 5pm
Applications assessed October/November 2020
Successful candidates advised December 2020
Scholarships commence February 2021
For more information about the different scholarships The Pinnacle Foundation awards