Position summary: There are two places available in the inaugural Pinnacle Alumni Board Development Program, spanning November 2022 to July 2023. This role will give alumni scholars the chance to learn about the structure and function of the board, and to develop their leadership and governance skills. You will be a highly motivated individual with a passion for The Pinnacle Foundation’s mission to enable young LGBTIQ+ Australians to realise their full potential.
Opportunities: Successful applicants will:
· Be provided with a personally matched board partner (for example based on business area of interest, industry, identity, or skill focus)
· Receive all training and support across the nine-month program
· Be a part of the first Pinnacle Alumni Board Development Program, and play a key role in shaping the future program offering for other alumni scholars
· Engage meaningfully with Pinnacle board and sub-committee meetings to contribute to the achievement of Pinnacle’s mission, and
· Participate in an evaluation process to reflect on your experiences and develop this program into an annual fixture of The Pinnacle Foundation’s offerings to alumni scholars.
Responsibilities: Successful applicants will:
· Attend two board meetings (online), that run for approximately 2 hours each, one of these being the meeting on 29 November.
· Attend two subcommittee meetings, of the applicant’s interest area, of approximately one hour each
· Be prepared, on average, to contribute one hour per week to the program, and
· Maintain a high level of communication with the relevant members of the Pinnacle family and the assigned partner.
Selection criteria: Successful applicants will:
· Be a Pinnacle scholar alumni
· Have a keen interest in an ongoing role within the Pinnacle family
· Have a strong commitment to the values held by The Pinnacle Foundation
· Have excellent communication skills, and
· Have a strong interest in not-for-profits, the role of boards, and/or organisational governance. Experience is not necessary.
The Pinnacle Foundation values
Central to our vision is a commitment to embrace the Foundation’s values:
· Thirst for learning – creating opportunities, new horizons and joy through learning
· Sense of belonging – supporting each other, being part of a community, showing gratitude and having fun
· Will to transform – changing lives by having a go, challenging boundaries, being courageous and celebrating achievements.